Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.atlantaeatsblog.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Installation (Wordpress Part): Steakhead's Atlanta Eats Blog: Limp Noodle

Friday, January 19, 2007

Limp Noodle

It’s surprising to me that there are still only a few good choices in Midtown for lunch. I met a business colleague yesterday and needed something within walking distance of a MARTA station (Lady Steakhead had the car), where you could grab lunch for under $10. Vortex? Good, but not the healthiest. Spotted Dog? How could I go there and not grab a pint (taboo, since we were both going back to work). We settled on Noodle at the corner of Peachtree and 8th. I wished I had opted for “unhealthy”…or “taboo”.

There are a lot of places around Atlanta like Noodle- semi- fast food Asian consisting of bowls of curries, stir frys, and of course, noodles. Noodle offers nothing to distinguish itself from its competition. The menu could have a Doc Chey’s title on it and you wouldn’t know the difference.

I decided on the Sichuan beef, figuring I would try something different than the standard noodle bowl. Mistake. The beef was overcooked, and seemed not to be the best cut in the world. Thank God the heavy, over-seasoned Sichuan sauce drowned out the taste. And at a cost of $10, this wasn’t necessarily a lunch bargain. Spoon, Real Chow Baby, hell, even Mama Fu’s provides better food, at a better price in a better atmosphere than Noodle.

After this disappointing visit, I am heading to Spoon today to get my Asian lunch fix. And if that is not enough, tomorrow night, Baby Steakhead and I are heading to Tasty China. With selections like this, I don’t see making any more trips to Noodle.

Steakhead Recommends: No
Price: $-$$

2 Comments:

Blogger running with tweezers said...

i've only dined at the one in decatur...but i remember it being underwhelming, as well.

spoon should make up for it all, though. it's one of my faves.

hope your new year is off to a great start!

-t*

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's unfortunate, because once upon a time, Noodle (in Decatur, anyway) used to outdo Doc Chey's. Not incredible, but still the better option. I've noticed a significant drop in quality over the past number of years, perhaps by overextending itself to a second and third location. Real shame, the owner's really nice.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home