Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.atlantaeatsblog.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Installation (Wordpress Part): Steakhead's Atlanta Eats Blog: Merry Christmas!!!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

Today is Chritsmas Eve, which means tonight is the meal I most look forward to all year. For at least 20 years, my family tradition has called for cold seafood on Christmas Eve. Smoked salmon to start with, followed by shrimp cocktail, and finished off with a whole steamed lobster. The smoked salmon from Costco is cheap and better than anything you will find in your local supermarket. I'll probably get the shrimp from Whole Foods, and I'll be lazy about it and buy them precooked and forzen. Finding good lobsters at an affordable price, however, has been a challenge since moving from New Jersey down to Atlanta. But this year, prices for lobsters are hitting rock bottom. I special-ordered the lobsters this year from Publix (one of the few places in Atlanta where you can still find live lobsters), and was quoted a price of $11.99 a pound! They will even steam them for no extra charge, saving my wife from watching me throwing them in the pot.

For Christmas Day this year, we have ordered a Turducken breast from the Cajun Meat Company. I'll do a separate post on that later this week. Whatever the holiday you celebrate, and whatever your tradition, I hope you have a wonderful and safe one!


Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home