Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.atlantaeatsblog.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Installation (Wordpress Part): Steakhead's Atlanta Eats Blog: Vintage Pizzeria- Good Atmosphere and Family Friendly in Chamblee

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Vintage Pizzeria- Good Atmosphere and Family Friendly in Chamblee

I needed to take MARTA last week when my car was being serviced on Peachtree Industrial Blvd, and was quite impressed by what I am seeing in Chamblee. It seems urban planners are doing something right on Peachtree Rd. across from the Chamblee MARTA station. There are numerous lofts already built and several more on the way for those looking to ditch their morning commutes for a more eco-friendly mode of transportation. And in the middle of this new enclave of housing density sits Vintage Pizzeria.

Vintage Pizzeria sits on the ground floor of a new brick loft building at 5434 Peachtree Rd. The place is a great combination of casual food, good beer list, and a good place to take the youngsters. In fact, when we went last Saturday, almost every table had at least one child. But, don’t get me wrong, this is no Chuck E Cheese. It would be just as comfortable for a couple of friends or young couple to grab some pizza and drink a few bevvies. The beer list boasts 14 brews on tap and another 20 in bottle. My wife and I were commenting how this had an “in town” feel to it, and was something we have missed since moving to Sandy Springs.

I will say that if you’re a really picky pizza critic, Vintage is probably not for you. We started with the calamari that included slices of jalapeno and okra. The spicy fra diablo sauce provides a little extra kick. But without the spice, the calamari was actually sort of bland. I’ll definitely skip that next time. The pizza was okay, and I definitely devoured my half, but I wouldn’t put it in the same class as Capozzi’s or Napoli’s. (Although these places are solely take out for me- the dine-in experience leaves much to be desired.)

Here’s the thing though, I enjoyed eating here. The atmosphere more than made up for the shortcomings of the kitchen. And I live close enough that I don’t really feel like I am going tremendously out of my way. So for those of you with young families in Chamblee and Brookhaven, you may want to check it out if you haven’t already done so.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Clearly this blog has taken a turn for the worse. Family friendly? Intown feel.... what is going on here!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Steakhead said...

Don't worry Stu- Craft is opening soon!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Living in Chamblee, this place was terribly convenient. Thanks for the tip!

The wife and I went on Friday night and it was stupid packed, but we grabbed two seats at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. If we had had more than 3 people in our party it would have been a loooong wait. I wouldn't have wanted to deal with managing kids here so I'm not sure about the "family friendly" aspect.

I totally agree with steakhead on the rest though, the food wasn't incredible, but the great staff, quality atmosphere, and beer selection totally made up for it.

This will definitely be a regular spot for us from now on.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home