Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.atlantaeatsblog.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Installation (Wordpress Part): Steakhead's Atlanta Eats Blog: 'Sith' is Delicious

Friday, May 20, 2005

'Sith' is Delicious

Okay, so this isn't a food review. But I just can't help myself. I secured my 'Revenge of the Sith' tickets two weeks ago, spent the better part of the week re-watching 'Menace' and 'Clones', so by the time the infamous words "A long time ago..."appeared on the screen last night, I was so excited, I nearly peed my pants.

The sixth (or third, depending on your frame of reference) and final Star Wars movie does not disappoint. Actually, it is very good. The movie does well with fine action sequences throughout, and more importantly reduces the elements that plagued the last two episodes to an absolute minimal (read- Jar Jar Binks and goofy love sequences). This movie is all about Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and the impending rise of Evil over Good. The movie also does a very good job of tying up the loose ends between Clones and the original (A New Hope). There are still some awkward dialogue that comes across as silly, but in general most of the laughter coming from the audience was intended.

I still have some questions which will require me to see this again (at least, that will be my excuse to see it again). But the world should have such problems. Grade: A.

Here is my ranking of the six movies.

1. Star Wars- A New Hope- It's just really hard to beat the original.
2. Empire- Many critics actually call this one the best, maybe because Lucas didn't direct it.
3. Sith- The best since 1980.
4. Clones- Hayden Christensen can't act, and the romance scene were just painful to watch (and hear). But at least there was much less Jar Jar Binks.
5. Menace- I liked this movie a little more after seeing it a second and third time, but only for clues and answers as the saga evolved. As a stand-alone movie, though, its pretty bad.
6. Jedi- Ewoks. Man, I just hated the Ewoks. The whole thing just seemed like it was written for a 5-year-old and to sell toys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home