Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.atlantaeatsblog.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Installation (Wordpress Part): Steakhead's Atlanta Eats Blog: Guys Beware at Metro Fresh

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Guys Beware at Metro Fresh

Metro Fresh in the Midtown Promenade is not your typical Steakhead kind of place. But after my annual physical last week, and Steakhead’s need to lower his cholesterol, it’s the kind of place I was willing to try. You see, I still believe I can find a healthy eating option that I will enjoy going to. Unfortunately, Metro Fresh is not that option for me.

The first thing I noticed upon walking in was that I was that the place was packed with women. If you’re single and in a bar, this is a good thing. If you’re in a restaurant, I get nervous. (No offense, but women tend to have different tastes- and appetites- from me.) Metro Fresh is definitely a “chick” place. The menu, which changes daily, is dynamic enough- today they had several hot and cold soups, a couple of salads, and two sandwiches. However, the sandwiches are pre-made so there isn’t any room for improv. They tend to be fu-fu, such as brie with turkey, so if you want simple, you'll be out of luck. Portion sizes are not large, so with my Steakhead appetite, I needed an appetizer of tomato with mozzarella salad (which was good, mind you) along with my bowl of soup (and no combos, guys, so you’ll pay a la carte prices to have both).

Look, I’m all up for the healthy eating thing. But if I am going to have a sandwich, send me to a good ole’ fashion deli any day of the week, where they make the thing the way I want it at the time I order it. Places like Atlanta Bread Company and Panera do this well, while still offering soups, salads and a degree of fu-fu for the women-folk.

Steakhead Recommends: No
Price: $-$$

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! blogspotcom call center conference site Breast+augmentation+woodbury Digital camera built-in wide angle lens buy acyclovir Top dental school Open bra und tip

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Ppt on personal financial planning in indian conte 8 0 mcafee professional scan virus h2 hummer commercial song music car rentals security home inkjet catridges Humidifier uk

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Vermont Mustard Company in Vinings. The best of both worlds. All Natural Healthy dining, cafe and catering. They are not fanatics however, their bacon is OUT OF THIS WORLD. All fresh, made from scratch, homemade soups, salads, sandwiches and wraps.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home