Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.atlantaeatsblog.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Installation (Wordpress Part): Steakhead's Atlanta Eats Blog: Barbecue & Blues Bash in East Cobb

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Barbecue & Blues Bash in East Cobb

Ok- I know I just published a BBQ Top 5 list, and I say I am an Intown guy. But I stumbled across Same & Dave's BBQ 1 joint on Lower Roswell Rd this morning and I feel I need to post this. This hole in the wall BBQ joint is outstanding. Not the kind of place to eat at (though we did at one of their 3 tables), as it is more of a take out place. Their award winning claim stems for numerous BBQ Contest trophies they have proudly dispalyed, including the king of contests, the American Royal in Kansas City.

This Saturday July 2nd, they are hosting their first Barbecue & Blues Bash in their parking lot. From noon til "late" they will have All You Can Eat (Steakhead's favorite words) pulled pork, ribs, chicken, corn, Brunswick Stew and more. Live blues from the Blues Barons. Cost is $20 per adult and kids under 12 eat free. Sam & Dave's BBQ 1 is located at 49444 Lower Roswell Rd, just east of Johnson Ferry.

Couple of things to have in mind. One- they didn't take credit cards today, so this is a cash deal. Two- I would not expect alcohol. But this place is making me seriously rethink my Top 5 list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Feed Watcher said...

Hey Steakhead:

I picked up some takeout at this place over the weekend, based soley on your recommendation.

Damn, that is good bar-b-que! Good job! I like the large concrete pig out front, painted like the American flag, too.

I told the guys in there about your blog, and gave them the address. They gave me some free sauce, so I thought I was really getting away with something, but then I got home and found that they forgot my coleslaw.

Anyway...that was excellent 'cue.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home