Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.atlantaeatsblog.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Installation (Wordpress Part): Steakhead's Atlanta Eats Blog: Coming Soon- Steakhead's Best of Atlanta 2005

Friday, November 18, 2005

Coming Soon- Steakhead's Best of Atlanta 2005

The end of the year always brings about numerous "best of" lists, and Atlanta Eats is no different. Over the next couple of weeks, I will be going through my notes and experiences and awarding my own awards for numerous categories, including Best Chinese, Sushi, Steakhouse, Deli, Buffalo Wings, Italian, Sports Bar, Hip Scene, Southwestern, New Restaurant, and of course, the much coveted Restaurant of the Year. While I have nominees for each category, the list isn't final and am always up for a suggestion or two from y'all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Feed Watcher said...

Time to pull out that tuxedo...

Best Chinese: Chopstix

Best Sushi: Hashi Guchi Jr.

Best Cheeseburger: The Vortex

Best Italian: Alfredo's

Best Sandwich: The Tuscany, from Alon's Bakery

Best Cocktails: One Midtown Kitchen

Best Pizza: Mellow Mushroom

8:09 AM  
Blogger Steakhead said...

Hey L- thanks for the suggestions. Some of those are definitely on my list. Hashi Gushi Jr- talk to me about this place. Haven't been.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Feed Watcher said...

Steakhead:

Do you have a recommendation for lunch in the Highlands or Midtown? I'm going down there next week to have lunch with an old friend.

I think we want a place with tasty food, but more importantly, a place where we can sit a while and maybe have a glass of wine and people-watch.

She lives in Decatur, so she kind of wants to venture out of that neighborhood for a change.

Thanks.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Feed Watcher said...

Oh...about Hashi Guchi Jr. The original Hashi Guchi is on Windy Hill Road, near my office. The "Jr." location is in an annex to Lenox Mall, just across from Neiman Marcus. I prefer that one, since the location is a little splashier.

It is common to sit at the sushi bar and be the only American--to me, that is a great sign. I haven't been there in awhile, but when I lived in Buckhead, I went there at least 3 times each month.

They had a Sushi Chef that was very Belushi-like--he would drink sake the entire evening and gruffly thrust your order at you. But on my boyfriend's birthday, he turned off the lights in the entire restaurant (even the sit down dining area) and presented John with an orange that he chopped up to look like a little man, with an candle in it. He led the Birthday sing-a-long, too. And I didn't ask him to do this--I think he eavesdropped on our conversation while we were eating.

He won me over with that. And the food is great, too. Very fresh. I love the Rainbow Roll. I'm not too adventurous with sushi, though.

I need to add best Barbeque to the list: That US 1 place that you turned me on to. I've been there several time and that meat kicks ass.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Steakhead said...

Einstein's in Midtown sounds like the right place for your lunxh.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home