Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.atlantaeatsblog.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Installation (Wordpress Part): Steakhead's Atlanta Eats Blog: And The Winners Are…

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

And The Winners Are…

In creating categories and nominees, I used two simple rules. One- I had to dine at the establishment in 2005. Two- I needed to dine at more than one establishment in the category in order to make an award for that category. As you will see from this list, its been a great year. Happy Holidays to everyone and I’ll be back in 2006! So without
further ado, here are the 2005 Best of Steakhead awards…

Best Steakhouse- (tie) Chops and New York Prime
Best Burgers- Vortex (honorable mention: Ted’s Montana Grill)

Best ‘All You Can Eat’ Experience- Fogo de Chao
Best ‘All You Can Eat’ Experience under $15- Royal China Dim Sum

Best Romantic Dinner- The Food Studio
Best Restaurant to People Watch- BluePointe
Best Southwestern- Agave
Best Casual Dinner under $15- (tie) The Real Chow Baby & Taqueria del Sol

Best Chinese- Canton Cooks (honorable mention: Little Schezuan)
Best Sushi- Imari
Best Thai- Tamarind (honorable mention: Little Bangkok)

Best BBQ- Sam & Dave’s BBQ1
Best Wings- Wild Wing Café
Best Pizza- New York Pizza Exchange
Best Sports Bar- Frankie’s

Best New Restaurant- Piebar
Restaurant of the Year: Rathbun’s

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard really good things about the Piebar. What is the average price on a meal for two?

6:10 PM  
Blogger Feed Watcher said...

Steakhead I am definitely putting a few of these spots on my list. After you steered me to Sam and Dave's, I believe every word you say..........

6:24 AM  
Blogger Steakhead said...

Utopia- one of the great things about Piebar is their fairly simplistic approach to pricing. For instance, wine is $7 glass, and there are many options to choose from. Antipasto is grouped into 3 categories of pricing ranging from $7 to over $10, small plates grouped into 4 groups ranging from $4 to over $10, and the pizzas are all the same price- $8 for half and $14 for a whole. So you can spend as little or as much as you like. I would recommned trying a bunch of things, a basic antipasto, two small plates and 2 1/2 pizzas. That should get you to $40-50 before wine.

L1- I appreciate the faith and let me know of any finds you come across.

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays to you!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Piebar -easily one of the worst meals I had all year. Terrible, costly pies.

Ick.

Although I totally agree with you on Rathbun's. My favorite restaurant on Planet Earth. =)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with NY Pizza Exchange. Every time I have ordered the Sicilian pizza, it is barely cooked, and the cheese is still cold. I have to vote for Bellas.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Steakhead said...

DW- cant take serious anyone who says RuSan's is good and I won't even dignify your Waffle House suggestion. I prefer to look at good-looking people.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home